After assessing the status of the pandemic in the county and in line with CDC guidelines, MCC has decided to host Taraweeh prayers during Ramadan 2021/1442, insha Allah.
Since prayer will be held outdoors, we would like to be considerate towards our neighbors and complete the prayer by 10:00 pm. In addition, we would like all attendees to be off the premises right after the prayer. Registration is NOT required.
The details of the program are as follows:
- Taraweeh will be held outdoors on the field, parking lot and the veranda. Musallah will remain closed.
- Prayer spaces will be clearly marked with a six feet distance between worshipers. Attendees need to bring their own prayer rug.
- Eight Rak’ahs will be offered with a partial Juz every day.
- For the first fifteen days, Taraweeh will begin at 8:45 pm.
- For the last fifteen days, it will begin at 9:00 pm.
- Attendees must come with wudu as wudu areas and bathrooms will remain locked and not accessible. However, there will be a hose/faucet available at the back of the center to be used on a need basis.
- Please bring children only if they plan to pray. Children who plan to pray must be under the supervision of their parents at all times. The basketball court and the play area will remain closed during Taraweeh prayer.
- If you wish to volunteer during Taraweeh, please reach anyone from the Board of Directors or Imam Saif for signing up.
- In case of rain, Taraweeh prayer will be cancelled.
All attendees must bring their own face masks and are mandated to wear them at all times during and after the prayer.
Jazak Allah Khair
Muslim Community Center of Greater San Diego
March 26, 2021