There are 6 Phase of the project:
- Phase 1: Schematic Design
- Phase 2: Design Development
- Phase 3: Construction Document
- Phase 4: Building Permit
- Phase 5: Bidding
- Phase 6: Construction
STATUS AS OF SEP 2023
(1) SCHEMATIC DESIGN (SD)
- 2022: The SD Phase started in early 2022 by the Architect contracted for this project. Phase 2 needs analysis was conducted by the Steering Committee and presented to Community in early 2022. In consultation with GSDMCC Foundation Steering Committee preliminary plans consisting of floor plans, elevations and digital rendering were prepared by the Architect and shared with the GSDMCC Community but was put on hold for a year to pay off the loan first as requested by GSDMCC Community.
- March 2023: Schematic Design Phase restarted on March 01, 2023 when the Loan was paid off and preliminary SD drawings were completed and submitted by the Architect, to San Diego Development Services (Planning and Structure Department) to introduce the project and to get an OK on the key aspects of the project (Zoning for food services, Caretaker Residence, Al-Manar School, Parking Spaces, added building square feet area, Minaret Height, Setback requirements, sprinkler requirements etc.).
- August 2023: The SD were submitted to the City in August 2023. We are waiting on the comments which we should receive before end of September 2023.
(2) DESIGN DEVELOPMENT (DD)
- January 2024: The Design Development Phase has started, and various other consultants have been contracted by the Architect. They include civil, structure, landscape, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and IT, Public Address, and Fire Alarm System. We are projecting DD Phase to be completed by end of January 2024.
(3) CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENT (CD)
- Feb 2024 -April 2024: Following completion of DD Phase, the CD Phase will start around beginning of February 2024 and completed by end of April 2024
(4) BUILDING PERMIT
- April 2024 – April 2025: Following complication of CD application for Building Permit will be submitted and we project it will take about a year to get the Building Permit. The project date is end of April 2025.
- Once Building Permit is received the project will be Bid to minimum of 3 contractors. The Bids will be received, analyzed and contractor will be interviewed, and final selection made by the GSDMCC Foundation Selection Committee.
- 2nd Half of 2025: It is anticipated that the construction time frame will be about 18 months.
More Details can be found at: https://www.mccsandiego.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/GSDMCC-Fund-Raising-42423-1.pdf