“O you who believe, fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that you may (learn) self-restraint.” Qur’an 2: 183
MCC Ramadan Program 2019
MCC is pleased to announce that the dates of Ramadan and Eidul Fitr for the year 1440AH/2019, based on the decision of the Fiqh Council of North America, are expected to be as follows, insha’Allah:
Ramadan 1440 AH:
The first day of Ramadan 1440 is expected to be on Monday, May 6, 2019, insha’Allah, and the First Tarawih prayer will be on Sunday night.
Eid ul-Fitr 1440 AH:
The first day of Shawwal (Eidul Fitr) 1440 is expected to be on Tuesday, June 4, 2019, insha’Allah.
Sunday May 5th, 2019 at 9:45 pm
- Qari: Ayub Hussein/Imam Saif
- 20 Rakats
- Khatm on 29th Ramadan (June 2, 2019)
- 27th night (June 31, full night program with suhoor)
- Qiyam/Tahajjud (last ten days)
Saturday Community Iftars:
- Iftaar ticket $5 for advance purchase (online, deadline Thursday), $ 15 at the gate.
- Registration start April 1, 2019
- Registration fee: $15 per person (online)
- Registration deadline: May 9, 2019
- Contest (1st) date: May 18, 2019 at 1:30-5:00 pm (if needed)
- Contest (2st) date: June 9, 2018
- Eid Prayer at MCC
- Catered Eid dinner on the day of Eid (mark your calendar)